Whether you’re a new or veteran parent you will always gain insight into the activity that your child loves by volunteering. It is time well spent and a lot of fun! So, about volunteering…no experience necessary. No, REALLY! There are tasks that require specific skills, but most opportunities do not. If you can fill a cup with lemonade, hand out a program, use scissors, sew, or build props – you have all the skills you need. There is so much to do, you are bound to find something you’re great at.
Host Contest Volunteer Commitment:
Mark your calendar for the dates listed below. Marching Band, World Guard, and Indoor Percussion parents will be required to work 4 shifts in October and 2 shifts in March for the contests that we host at CG. CGCGtoo families will be required to work 2 shifts in March only.
- All shifts are approximately 6-8 hours in length. Exact times will be given closer to the contest date.
- If unable to fulfill your concession and contest commitment shifts, a penalty charge (on top of the current season fee) will be assessed.
2 Events in October:
October 9, 2021 – Cavalcade of Champions
October 16, 2021 – ISSMA Regionals
- These are during Fall Break.
- Please plan vacation during the days off: October 10th – 13th
2 Events in March:
March 19, 2022 – IPA State Event
March 26, 2022 – IHSCGA State Event
- These are during Spring Break. Please work vacation times around these events as well as any Indoor Percussion or World Guard commitments. Contact Directors if you have questions.
- Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- See handbook for full details about the Host Contest Volunteer Commitment.
- Click the area below to view and sign up for volunteer spots and/or donations. Spots will be added as needed.
Complete background check online by clicking HERE
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Background Checks are good for all schools in the Center Grove School District
- Once you fill out the background check online and pay the $12.95, it will take about two weeks to process.
- Background Checks that have been completed elsewhere do not carry over.
- CGCSC background check will be good for two school years.
Band Volunteer Areas that need a background check:
- Uniform Crew, Chaperones, Medical Team, CGTBB Exec Board, Area Leaders, Staff, Private Lesson Instructors, & Sectional Teachers
Band Volunteer Areas that do NOT need a background check:
- Concessions, Prop Crew, Chuckwagon