2021 Marching Band & Color Guard Registration:
Whether you are new or returning to Marching Band, we know that it can be a bit overwhelming to keep up with all the information and requirements at the beginning of the season. Especially after a pandemic year! Below is a checklist to help keep you on track and up to date. Please make sure that you complete each step.
Step 1: Students & Parents – Check out the calendar on the home page for a full view of rehearsals, football games, & competitions.
Step 2: Parents – Fill out REGISTRATION forms HERE
Step 4: Parents – View May Parent meeting below
Step 5: Parents – Submit 2021 Marching Band CONTRACT HERE
Step 6: Parents – Submit 2021 Marching Band Fees
- Check made out to CGTBB & placed in white box in music office (label envelope with student’s name)
Online through Charms (instructions in band handbook)
Step 7: Parents – Download the “BAND” app and click this link to join the “2021 – Parents Marching Band” group: https://band.us/n/aca657w7deBbe
Students will be invited to join a separate 2021 – Students Marching Band group and also one for their section.
Step 8: Students – Fill out and submit online forms HERE
Step 9: Students – Setup time for a uniform fitting. Directors will help you schedule this.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Color Guard?
- Center Grove Color Guard (CGCG) is a team of dedicated students that combines intricate dance, flags, rifles, and sabers into a wonderful visual production.
- CGCG is a part of the CGHS Marching Band and requires an audition. Some dance background is beneficial but not required. We’ll work hard, learn new skills, and have fun along the way.
- If you are interested, we encourage you to come to try-outs to see what it’s all about. You can make a decision at the end of that week.
- What is Marching Band?
- The CGHS Marching Band is made up of approximately 120+ dedicated high school students that play a variety of instruments (woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard) and color guard (dancers, flags, rifles, sabers) visually creating a show for home football games and competing on a state and national level. Come join us in May and see what Marching Band is all about!
- What do I need to bring to try-outs/rehearsal?
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Shorts and t-shirt or tank top plus tennis shoes.
- Bring your instrument and water bottle.
- Do I have to be in a band class in order to be in Marching Band?
- Yes, winds and percussion must participate in one of our three band classes during the school year and color guard students must be in the color guard class in order to be a member of the Marching Band.
- What if I’m not currently signed up for a band or color guard class?
- That’s ok. Please contact us if you are interested! We can talk about opportunities and ways to get you involved.
- Is transportation provided from the middle school for 8th graders trying out?
- MSN students – transportation is NOT provided. We suggest carpooling with other families. Mr. Bolla might be able to connect you with another family if you need help.
- MSC students – will need a note from their parent turned in to the main office at MSC if they want to walk over the the HS after school.
- Are there practices over the summer?
- Yes, click HERE for a list of those dates. We are beginning rehearsals virtually until we are able to meet at the high school.
- What is the schedule like once school starts?
- View the calendar HERE on our website. Marching Band begins in May and goes through mid November. There are practices after school, we perform at home football games, and compete on Saturdays in local, state, and national competitions.
- Are there fees associated with participating in Marching Band?
- Yes, please view the 2021-2022 Band Handbook HERE for details
- I want to invite others to sign up for marching band. What should I tell them?
- Share THIS document with them and send them to www.centergrovebands.com!
Contacts: Feel free to contact us with any questions!
- Kevin Schuessler, CGHS Director of Bands firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Clemons, CGHS Band Director email@example.com
- Josh Torres, CGHS Percussion Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyler Richards, CGHS Color Guard Director email@example.com
- Renee Skipper, CGHS Music Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org