Center Grove Trojan Band Boosters
Scholarship & Waiver Program Guidelines
The Objective of the Program
To provide funding to CGHS students who wish to participate in the Center Grove Trojan Band Boosters program but have a financial need.
Requirements for Participation
- Students and/or parents must provide proof of financial need by providing a copy of their most recent W2. We will require W2s from both parents in order to consider a scholarship or waiver.
- The student must maintain good attendance, be academically eligible, and be active in fundraising efforts.
- Return the completed form by the appropriate deadline.
- Any credits left in the student’s account at the end of the year will be credited to the scholarship fund. No refunds will be given.
- Once scholarships and waivers have been decided upon by the CGTBB President, VP of Finance and Mr. Schuessler, each student and their guardians will be required to meet in person with one of the following: CGTBB President, CGTBB VP of Finance, or Mr. Schuessler to go over the terms of the scholarship contract.
- Students/Parents will decide upon their due date for each month.
- The scholarships will be awarded as a ½ off monthly match program. If the student/parent portion is not met each month, then the CGTBB contribution will not be awarded for that month. Students/parents will be required to make up the loss of a scholarship for that month.
- The waiver will be awarded as full payment of fees.
- Travel fees are not eligible for scholarships or waivers.
- CGTBB reserves the right to hold a costume and or uniform for past due balances causing the student to not be allowed to perform.
- No student with an outstanding balance will be allowed to travel on a major trip.
- Students with scholarships or waivers who have any outstanding balance at the end of a season will not be permitted to return the next season.
- Scholarship and waiver recipients will be required to volunteer for extra concessions and contest shifts above and beyond the normal volunteer requirement.
- Scholarship and waiver recipients will be required to participate in one or more of the following fundraisers to help earn escrow credits: Car wash, Scrip/gift cards, etc.
Assistance Evaluation Criteria
- Scholarship and waiver awards will be prioritized on financial need, merit, and past efforts to comply with scholarship requirements.
- An effort to make the initial payment at the mandatory parent meeting will be taken into consideration.
- The amount of assistance awarded will be based on the availability of funds.
Scholarship & Waiver Program Application
The Center Grove Trojan Band Boosters offers financial assistance to a few members in financial need each year. Each child participating in Marching Band, World Guard, Indoor Percussion, or CGCGtoo-Winter is eligible for the financial assistance. This is a private and confidential process.
- Deadline for: Marching Band – May 15, 2022
- Deadline for: World Guard – November 15, 2022
- Deadline for: CGCGtoo Winter – TBD
- Deadline for: Indoor Percussion – December 15, 2122